Friday, October 24, 2008

If you're having bike problems I feel bad for you son, I've got ninety-nine problems but hitchin' aint one...

So in the 24 hours after we left Pittsburgh I got 3 flat tires in a row. I began to wonder whether I could stand a whole trips worth of endless inconvenience. Keeping air in the tires no matter what, seems a solid principle, but is it really possible?

I have been dealing with this project, this trip for a good long while now and I am very tired. I have done what I could to try to keep track of every detail of the trip in a notebook, always thinking that I would soon get to a computer and unburden myself of it all.

But converting my notes into readable posts takes time, time that I have not had...not to mention the internet. It was a mistake to promise that I could update a blog every day, or even every week - I don't even get showers that often.

I don't want to be overly apologetic, which is a part of my nature that I strive to resist. For whomsoever this project is still of interest, I do continue to keep track of all the details and will continue to post my photographs, conversations, and reflections.

The plan is to keep a record of both the bicycle trip and of the political investigation, so obviously some posts will deal with the one thing and other posts with the other. Life atop a bicycle will interfere with publishing all of this information on the internet, but eventually I should be able to get it all posted, even if only after the trip has ended and I once again have constant access to a computer.

Just wanted to let y'all know what's goin on.

Eric Gleysteen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phoebe says those "pincers" are actually her egg laying apparatus.

Earwigs don't actually sting either, their's are just for show.